Did you know they throw returned plants away?

I had too many strawberry plants and took them back to Lowe's for a simple return. It was only $10 worth of plants, but I figured since I didn't need the plants and could use the $10 maybe someone else could us the plants

I had no idea that they just toss the returned plants in the garbage!

I was disgusted!

I'm sure they have their reasons and I don't doubt there are laws about the resale of ag. goods. But if someone had told me that they were going to throw away perfectly good and already producing strawberry plants I would have taken the loss and donated them to my kids' classroom or one of the local community gardens.

Next time I know better...maybe this info will help another ignorant person, such as myself, before they return perfectly good plants.

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 9:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never knew that, thanks for the info. I used to work at a Target L&G and I never had to do that but that was years ago. Maybe new laws because of terrorism or weirdos lol.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• No But I know A Walmart that lets ALL of their Plants, Flowers & Bushes Die so they can Get Full Credit for them. Seeing Every living thing dying is such A shame & A waste! I hate seeing that! That Store also throws away ALL of the Deli foods & Everything Else when there's Starving & Needy People!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Angelinda---

Now I know why Walmart always has nasty looking flowers and plants.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I had no idea! That is a horrible waste!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• That is bull. They are not supposed to throw away perfectly good plants they are lying to you and being lazy. I worked at THD for years and we returned plants all the time if they were not planted they could be resold. It was the return of plants that had been planted and dug up and then returned that are thrown away due to possible contamination. I would speak to the manager regarding this next time you go in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2009