Does anyone remember how many breaths per minute is normal for an infant?

I had a preemie and remember I had to watch his bpm when he was sick because he always caught pneumonia. It's been awhile. My newest is two months old, a little congested and is between 44-48 bpm. I think I'm being paranoid but I'm watching her like a hawk. I'm taking her in tomorrow morning, but I'm still a little nervous. Please don't freak out on me and call me stupid and that I should run to the emergency room right now. I have two other small children who are sick and sleeping so I'm being careful not to over react either. I have no babysitters either.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think its something like 45-50. I wouldnt stress too much about it.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• im pretty sure its 55-56
    nikalotta20

Answer by nikalotta20 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Newborns: 44 Infants: 20-40. a respiration is one rise and fall of the chest.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• yeah, my 6mth old was in the hosp. for pneumonitus, and they told me anything over 40 was labored breathing and not good. Does she sound like she is panting or struggling to breathe?
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 21, 2009