can i get some advice?

ok, so i have a 2 1/2 month old and i may be pregnant again. today i had a HUGE glob of mucous even though i know i wouldnt have a mucous plug yet.. What the hell could this have been? i've been dating this guy off and on for 4 yrs, but i dont know if im prepared for another baby so soon

sunshinebaby209

Asked by sunshinebaby209 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you taken an HPT?

That mucous could've been ANYTHING, being that we don't know what your cycle is like.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• no i havent yet, im kinda afraid to because im 12 days late. i wouldnt be completely upset but i dunno what to think
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'm concerned about that big glob!! Someone one I know said that while they were at work they went to the bathroom and a big grey glob came out went to the doctor and found out she had a miscarriage. Hopefully this isn't the case. I know it will be alot of pressure having two kids so close but please dont consider an abortion. I think you should first take a test it took my body a while to get back on track after giving birth. I wish you the best!
    Anonymous

• Well...waiting isn't going to change the result. You either are or you aren't, and you need to find out...if you ARE, then you'll need to start planning ahead for whatever you're going to do.

And if you're NOT, then you can take measures to ensure you don't have this kind of scare again.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i would say the only thing you can do is test as for the mucus it could be just a sign of infection or something also
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Was there any blood too ? Or just a glob of mucous ? Because when I had a miscarriage a big glob of mucous came out.
    Anonymous

• well, definately go take a test..but if youre really concerned on what that blob was, go to the dr..i had my 2nd child 10 days before my 1st childs 1st birthday..it was rather easy the 2nd time around w the new born ...it gets hard doing things x2 at times but you just do it and it really isnt as bad as it seems...im getting ready to deliver my 3rd...luckily my other 2 will be just shy of being 3 and 4...GL and i hope you find out what that blob was.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2009