I have this weird...tick I guess you could call it. Anyone know if theres a medical term or condition for it?

This might sound strange..I think it does, but I have this thing where sometimes I associate inanimate objects with having human emotions. Like if I'm at the store and I need something, and there's only two left and I only need one, I feel like the one I don't take will be sad or something cuz now it's "lonely" lol. I know, really weird right? But I do this often. I get over it easily and don't make a big deal about it but it kinda bugs me cuz for a second I get really depressed. Anyone else do this, or know what it is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's called anthropomorphizing. You are assigning human feelings to non-human things.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• OCD?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• lol no thats not it
    Anonymous

• I feel like that right before I flush the toilet because that dookie was a part of me at one time, it was with me through my daily tribulations. j/k
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• sorry gigi...it wasn't funny.
    Anonymous

• I used to do this as a kid but have not done it in years.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have to agree Its not really as bad as OCD, but it's a light case of it,lol
    I have something like that too
    It's like I have to step out of bad with left leg only! as if, if i don't I;m gonna have a bad day! lol
    silly I know!
    Anonymous

• That's not a tic.
    Anonymous

• well whatever..
    Anonymous

• I do that with fabric, I won't let the lady at the fabric store keep only a half a yard. LOL, I just take the rest.. I know it wants to go with me.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2009