Has anyone ever stopped being a vegetarian? If so, please share how you added meat back into your diet.

I am asking b/c I am considering adding meat back to my diet, but I am afraid it will make me violently ill. I am expecting, too. If you want to discuss the reasons why/why to be vegetarian, then feel free to PM me. I don't want to waste anyone's time debate that on this question. :) Thanks so much!

aim1105

Asked by aim1105 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Health

• I was vegan until mid November, I began with very small {under an ounce} portions once a day for a week, then little bits with every meal until the gut ache died down. I pretty much decided to go back on over the winter for warmth and weight issues, including meat and dairy along a homeopathic rationale. I did not have diarrhea, the intense heavy suffocating sense that flesh eating gives me or the cramping I expected {dairy!}, but I was going quite moderate and consistent with wild fish & free range poultry for a month before I began to eat anything in considerable amounts.
    Started laying off at the beginning of this month,back to veganism... yay!
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 2:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I was raised a strict vegetarian and started eating meat when I was about sixteen. I never had any problems, just eat it and try. If you think it's not agreeing then stop. But I wouldn't worry to much about it. Just pick something you are hungry for and eat it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I've never been vegetarian. I do know however, that you must introduce them to your system very slowly. Because, yes, you can get sick if you try to jump right in. I would talk to your doctor and ask for some imput since you are expecting. Now is not a good time to shock your system.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 9:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I hade been a vegetarian for about 2 yrs and vegan for a few months inthe past. Ever since my pregnancy though i did put meat back into my diet. I do plan to go back to vegetarian life when my pregnancy is over. I have fish, eggs sometimes but no meat, poultry, etc. If you want to do meat again go with small portions because from going vegetarian to eating meat might make u feel sick. since your body is not used to it for awhile.
    Carli17

Answer by Carli17 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• my friend was sticking to only chicken and turkey for her meats. after about a year she gave in and had hamburg and said it actually made her sick. i'd say with you being pregnant i would only eat a tiny bit to see how your body will take it.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009