How to deal???Help!!!

My son is 3 month old and everytime I try to put him down he's crying!!! He wants to be in my arms at all times, I like our bond but I get so tired of holding him!
How do I break this habbit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let him cry sometimes let him learn that mama cant hold u all the time. try tummy time. cartoons . try everything u can ... ur the mom .. u run this he doesnt !!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree. I work at a daycare, and when moms bring their kids to us and they are used to being held all the time, there is nothing you can do but let them cry. They aren't crying cuz they need to be held, they're crying cuz you always pick them up when they do. I know it's hard to let your baby cry it out, but it really is best for the child.
    Anonymous

• my son really enjoys his bouncer that works for me
    nikalotta20

Answer by nikalotta20 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• What a bitchy answer. A baby is meant to be held. Even experts who agree with CIO say not to until at least 6 months. Babies require love and attention. The only way to ask for it is by crying. Letting them cry is not at all in the best interest of the child. They gain absolutely nothing from it besides possible stress disorders. And those who are putting the mother's wants before the child's needs shouldn't be having kids. FYI 1st Anon: BABIES SHOULD NOT BE WATCHING CARTOONS. I swear, the things some parents do out of selfishness. Go to hotslings.com or slingstation.com or even Target. A sling is a great way to be a little more hands free while keeping baby close, content, and at conversation level. Listening to mom is much more beneficial than sitting in front of a TV. As for the daycare worker, do these parents know that their babies are left to cry?
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• when you set him down, give him toys and such but other than that, let him cry. I had to do the same thing with my son.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Get The Baby Book by Dr. Sears. It explains the benefits of baby wearing and the risks of Cry It Out.
    Anonymous

• That breaks my heart to hear that a daycare worker would just let the baby cry. Thats just awful and its not what the parents are paying for.
    RomansMom25

Answer by RomansMom25 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I agree with romansmom. You shouldnt leave you child to cry it out this young. It can be damaging to them, and cause them to have trust issues. It is one thing if they are fussing, but way different if their crying. Have you tried a swing, or some toys that make noise? I love to hold and cuddle my son, but I just dont have the time to hold him all day, because I work and have to cook and clean. But he is very content when playing by himself for the most part. I was always holding him when he was a newborn, I swear I never wanted to put him down, but then as he grew I knew it would turn out badly, I still hold him all the time (I dont want people bashing me and saying Im a bad mom because My baby plays on the floor and isnt held 24/7) but what I would do is try to work with it. Put your baby on the floor with toys or in a swing and walk away if the baby starts to cry give it a min or so before you pick them up.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:31 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• And then console your baby and Id wait maybe 10-15 min and try it all over again. Hopefully that will help you out a little but.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:32 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• try getting a bouncer for your baby.. or something comfortable like that.. or get a sling to help you carry the baby around with.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2009