What the heck is orgasmic birth???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know but, I sure as heck never had one!
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 10:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Something someone made up...
    Anonymous

• The female body was made for birthing. All of the same hormones and body parts used for sex are also utilized by the body during *physiological* birth. IF a birthing woman has a conducive atmosphere, is relaxed, and has no fear of the birthing process (trusts her body to birth the baby) - there is a good possibility that a woman can actually climax - or at least experience pleasant sensations - during birth.

Most women in modern society, however, birth outside of a conducive environment (any environment where you would not typically engage in intimate activities) and do not trust the birth process. To birth within the *system* is to experience a medical birth - where the physiological process is short-circuited - birth is seen as a potential emergency unless proven otherwise...as opposed to birth being viewed as a normal, physiological process (as my 6yo says - like teeth coming out), unless proven otherwise.
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 10:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i saw something about it on discovery health the other day. I didnt watch the whole thing but apparently some women have a natural labor and orgasm during it. Supposedly anyone can do it. I'll stick with the epi.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'm not sure but my friend said when she pushed out her baby she felt like she had and orgasm immediately after. And she was far from turned on or stimulated in anyway. Weird huh....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• It's not about being turned on sexually....it's simply a physiological result of a physiological process - IF the body is allowed to function as it was created to function.
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 10:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I researched this a bit on u tube. Look it up there and it will talk/show u more about it. Basically its natural birth. Orgasmic birthing is basically having /getting your mind set that labor/delivery can be a sexual experience to the couple and to think of having the baby is like an orgasm and enjoyable rather than painful. I dunnoh how they do it!
    Carli17

Answer by Carli17 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• would u squirt on ur baby>
    Anonymous

• I saw that show on Discovery Health...A women had a COMPLETELY PAINLESS birth...i couldn't believe it but when you watched it she laughed while giving birth!
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Most birth are so painful because of FEAR... If you dont fear the birthing process & EDUCATE yourself on it, it can be a painless experience..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2009