If you husband went from making $70,000 a year....

to $7.29 a year would your marriage last? I just heard this on the news. What do you ladies think?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 10:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• we've been there, done that. It is what it is. You do what you can to make it work, and keep looking as hard as possible.

We were one of the first casualties of the auto industry. . .my husband's job as detail manager was simply discontinued. I went back to work, he picked up some time detailing, and I remembered quickly how much I actually like Ramen noodles. . .LOL.

He has a good job now with better benefits. You sign on for better or worse.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Seven dollars and twenty-nine cents? A year? I wouldn't worry about the marriage. They would all starve to death first!
    Anonymous

• $7.29 a year? That doesn't pass the common sense test. For one he would make more than that in unemployment for awhile.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sorry I ment $7.29 an hour, LOL!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Typo Christina807, cool your jets!!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• well im not married, but if i were i would hope there was more to my marriage than my husbands salary.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• our marriage isn't based on how much he makes anyway so it wouldn't effect us really. We enjoy simple things anyway
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think our marriage would be okay, but we would definitely have to cut back a lot. My husband would probably keep looking for another job in the meantime. And I would probably get a part time job as well to help out.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Ok. $7.29 an hour. In that case, me, personally, yes it would survive that. We have been from large income to both unemployed to low income to high income again. Whew! We've survived it all. I suppose it would all depend on the person. If a wife is only in it for how much money he has, then I guess he's screwed.
    Anonymous

• Since my husband was raised living off the land and sometimes living in tents, we'd be fine. As long as I have him, we'd be okay, and with his skills, we wouldn't starve.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009