Okay not to start drama but I am curious...

I was watching 20/20 and this couple is loosing a really nice house, cannot put a new engine in their expensive car and are getting $500 in food stamps, do you feel sorry for people like this?

Me-Depends if they had a good job and lost it yes, but if they were totally living outside their means no, what about you?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 10:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• because they were rich at 1 time. i am watching the whole show myself, 1 if i knew i was going to have problems, i would down size sell my mason hell you can still get a nice house, sell that car,
    they could of downsized but i think they were just selfish and still want to look high maintance so i don't feel sorry for those people which it really pisses me off that they get that when i can't. which my hubby makes to much by being a trucker
    Anonymous

• I have to agree- could they really afford the expensive car at one time? Or did they get on food stamps to help BECAUSE they bought the expensive car??
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• They are on food stamps because their home is foreclosure, they have $100,000 credit card debit and someone else is paying $30,000 a year for grade school aged kids to attend school!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• it totally depends on the situation...if they are just going through a "rough patch" then yes...but if they are living the high life on the gov't while others work their asses off for it no....but then again I think if it were me I would probably sell the nice car, use the money to care for the fam and buy a beater til I get back on my feet. I would probably do everything in my power to keep my home only for my kids and stablity...but a nice car is unimportant to me....
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Unless I was the one living it I really couldn't say. If they made their bed they might need to sleep in it. Then there is the other side, you know the life happens side. It's not really for me to decide.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I just think with all of that its kind of crazy that they even qualify. I am a full time student, a single parent and i work 20 hours a MONTH, I do NOT qualify for food stamps. Explain to me how that works!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'm watching the same thing. For me it depends on the situation but I know that no matter what I would do anything to feed and clothe my kids.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Chandra034 I wish I was paying more attention, they live in a mansion with a pool and are getting that much in food stamps! I was shocked!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• ?? there children need to eat right?.. I agree that if someone lost a good job and they need help they deserve it too. but the car thing!! sell the damn car.. or in their case junk it. There credit is all ready shot, so why would the car make a differnece now.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 10:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Lol, okay. So I'll buy a mansion and a car I cant afford and reapply. Thanks. =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2009