Unemployed and looking

I got laid off when I was pregnant. I have been searching for a job ever since. I couldnt get another one when i was pregnant and now everyone is on a "hiring freeze" I am gaurenteed a job in my old hometown 2 hours away at only minimum wage and my so is a police officer in the city we live in. it is not possible for him to relocate and our daughter is 6 months old. He is making just enough for us to get by. If you were in my situation would you take your kid to the hometown and work while grandma and grandpa babysat and so stayed to work his job or would you stay at home and keep looking for a place closer and pray he doesnt loose his job?

jhj4ever

Asked by jhj4ever at 10:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• babysit?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• babysat my 6 month old...
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 10:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have been out of a job for awhile and came across PAMPEREDCHEF, i found it fun because i get to eat and entertain.
    brit041

Answer by brit041 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• http://www.pamperedchef.biz/sinclairskitchen
    brit041

Answer by brit041 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I would not move away from my husband. I think that would only create more problems. Having financial issues is enough of a stress, then you would be adding the separation to it. Stay with your husband and keep trying to find something.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Can you split the difference in distance? One hour each way for each of you? That's what we do.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2009