Sarah Palin - the hypocrit

Sarah Palin, who campained on being an advocate for parents of special needs children is turning down federal stimulus money for.... education of special needs children.

So glad to know that her true colors are coming out now and that she is no where near the white house.

She is a hypocrit and a liar and I am SO glad that I do not live in Alaska under her reign. She was only pandering to the parents of children with special needs during the election. In truth, she could care less about OUR special needs children, she has the money to care for hers after all. I am so glad I didn't fall for her lies (but then I also didn't like her lack of intelligence either).

Thoughts on Palin's refusal of money for special needs children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon 10:37... perhaps those of us who struggle to just get by should have a say in the matter! Unlike Palin, I cannot afford all the extra therapy and tutoring that my own special needs child needs (he is autistic) and his school does not have the money to help him either! So you can take your messiah comment and shove it because I want my child to have help!!! Not someone who claims to support us and advocate for us and then turns around and stabs us in the back!

As a mother of an autistic child I totally agree with your statement. At least Obama is trying to help our kids by making the insurance companies pay for therapies and giving more $ to autism research.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 11:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• goodYou Betcha'

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• The only thing that woman is worried about is her status in the Repub party. Blah.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Perhaps the bigger picture is what your should look at--do you have any idea what strings come with that money? Perhaps Alaska, like most of us, is better off without the messiah's supposed help!!!
    Anonymous

• I am no Sarah Palin fan but keep in mind-

Everyone at sometime does something or says something that someone might see as hypocritical. We don't know the whole story and there is no reason to demonize her for it.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 10:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Has it been said exactly why she turned down that money? Could it possibly have anything to do with the fact that once that stimulus money ran out it would require Alaska to raise taxes on their citizens to take up the slack? I would imagine that she would want to get creative with her state's finances and make funds available for those programs without having to accept the money from the government. After all, she has a special needs child, I am sure she is more aware of special needs than most of the women here on CM.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

Anonymous

• I would imagine that she would want to get creative with her state's finances and make funds available for those programs without having to accept the money from the government.
    __________________________________________________

Uh, she IS the government.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• QuinnMae, she could care less about those of us with special needs children, she just wants her stupid sound bite. She is a liar and a fraud! She can afford all the therapy her child needs while I have to fight for mine to even get to a doctor (we have junk for insurance that we pay through the nose for).
    Anonymous

• Palin said she's sure that her decision on the education money will draw the most heat, and that she wouldn't be surprised if the Legislature tries to change it. "It is a matter of discussing with our lawmakers if the expansion there is something we're willing to pick up the tab for when the federal dollars dry up, when they no longer flow into Alaska," Palin said.

"This offer from the Congress and the Obama administration is a little bit like having way too much to drink," said Sen. Con Bunde, a Republican from Anchorage. "A good time may be had by all, but the hangover the next day, and the consequences of what you did while you were drunk, may be with you for a long, long time."  CON'T

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2009