do you find it hard to make friends?

Im married to a military man so we move alot and i have to start all over making friends a lot! Well I have met some drama queens, weirdo's, and ppl who just wont talk lol ......i dunno i'm just finding it hard to meet friends that you really click w/ ya know...... Just getting home sick i guess for my true friends i grew up w/.......Has anyone moved somewhere brand new and found it exhausting to try and "make friends"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I TOTALLY know what you mean! I just moved here to Poconos PA about 3 months ago and its like pulling teeth to make friends, luckily I have made a few friends at my job but everyone seems to have their own ''group' or 'click' and although people up here are all 'transplants' from other areas such as nj or ny, they all seem to snide newcomers, that is my personal oppinion so yes I see what you mean when people seem to not want to get to cozy with you, it sucks doesnt it lol, Im a VERY friendly person but its like people dont like talking to stangers I guess lol
    protectivemompa

Answer by protectivemompa at 10:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i havent moved i'm just socially akward
    Anonymous

• Same with above. I have social anxiety.. but then I'm picky with people. I don't open up to just anyone, and am very judgemental when it comes to most females & their pickyness and snooty attitudes. I'm the girl thats friends with all the guys. I make the drinks and joke just as crudely as they do. I love it.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i know its like i can hang w/ guys and be so comfortable but when i get around girls i get weird feeling like nervous feeling and weird lol
    Anonymous

• Awww. Yep, I totally understand. Hell, I've been here in Seattle for 10 years and have almost yet to meet anyone I really adore like friends from college. That said, it's better now that my kids are in Kindergarten and I'm meeting more moms. Overall, I think people are strange though. And no, I don't think it's me. Everyone I run into, bleeds me with their problems and stuff, I am so over it. Where are the normal girls?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Im a military wife also. We just moved again and I am having such a hard time making friends.
    Anonymous

• I am a military wife also....I just moved again....and I haven't made many friends....in the area I am in.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• its like everyone i meet i find something wrong w/ them like they r swingers and want my husband and i to join or they act immature and wanna talk about ppl or they are just so dull!!!! ugh! i'm glad i'm not alone in this world shes right where's all the normal girls lol
    Anonymous

• I have acquaintances, not close friends. I think I'm just boring, have too many personal issues and income and schedule doesn't allow me to go out to movies and stuff like that. That's why I come to cafe mom.

Anonymous

• ive lived in the same area my whole life & still dont have many friends.. Only have 2 friends from childhood & im lucky to see them once a month.... Yes for a number a reasons I find it hard to find friends & IT SUCKS! lol....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009