Why would the doctor decide that?

So im almost 36 weeks pregnant.,..MY doctors said that im no longer in the range for "preterm labor" that if baby wants to come out..their not gonna stop her..

They said if i were to go into labor tonight, they wouldnt try to stop the baby from coming out this time and they'd let me have the baby...

can they actually do that? lol..

i mean i dont mind..if she wants to come out then awesome!! lol

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 10:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 36 weeks is considered full term. She'd be fine if she were born now! Congrats!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• at 36 weeks you are considered full term. Full term is 36-40 weeks. At least it was when I was having babies.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 10:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• yes they can do that when they think the baby will be healthy. The longer they stay in to full term the better but after a certain time they feel it's fine if the baby wants to come on out.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• stopping labor puts stress on the baby too, there is no need for it 36 weeks
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i agree with previous poster they wouldn't say that if they didn't think your baby would be ok, she'd be fine congrats.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 10:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Why would you give the baby drugs if your that close??
    Anonymous

• hey i dont wanna give her anything...i want her out!! ASAP! i wanna meet her =]

screw drugs! lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• The baby will be fine if born now. . . but don't resort to ANY other old wives tales to help it start. Walk and Have SEX, that's it. NO COD LIVER OR MINERAL OIL! just gives you diarrhea. Same with all derivatives of the Cohosh plant.

Nipple stimulation does work, but you'd have to do it for a ridiculous length of time. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I had my daughter at the end of my 36th week. She came out healthy. Small, but healthy and no problems. The only thing that my doctor was worried about was lung development...but...all in all it is pretty safe to have a baby at 36 weeks.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2009