what should i say? How am i supposed to feel?

I'm 6 months pregnant and HUGE! ( i went from being "chubby" pre pregnancy to a whopping 180 lbs :(. ) I feel so gross and insecure and totally unattractive.
Everywhere I go people point out how huge I am and it just makes me feel worse.
my fiance says I am beautiful and "pregnant" ( way to state the obvious!) but I get so down and discouraged.
plus, I'm totally afraid of the post baby weight...and losing some but holding onto 30lbs or so..I can't handle it! I'm 4'8!! and not meant to be big.
The doc hasnt said anything to me to the effect of me being unhealthy or the baby unhealthy.
any ideas on how I can feel better about myself ? because i find myself taking out my insecurities on the hubby in all the wrong ways..I've been so mean to him lately...

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 10:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh honey....surround yourself with your baby's things. have you gone shopping yet? clothes that little one will be wearing. spend time around the crib, read some books that you plan on reading your baby.....smell the lotions you bought. whenever I felt remotely big I brought myself around anything that would remind me of the amazing wonder that was about to enter my life....and post partum....you're going to love having them around... head up young person!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If I were you, I would just do my best to focus on the health of the baby. That's all that matters now. You can REALLY worry about your weight AFTER the baby comes, unless the Dr. gives you some reason to worry about it now. It's ok mama. Just think about the beautiful bundle you'll receive in a few months, and let the rest work itself out because I can promise you, it WILL work itself out.
    GRADON33

Answer by GRADON33 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I am chubby as well pre prego about 165ish . I am 10 weeks and I am now about 173. I gained 27 lbs with my first baby this is my 2nd . I really don't care about how much weight I gain as long as it's a healthy weight gain . I LOVED being "fat" and pregnant !!!!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Is this your first baby? I get bigger with each one, which is kind of funny since I gain less weight with each one.

Focus on eating food that is good for you and the baby. Get your hair and nails done, and walk every day. In other words, take care of you. The doc WILL tell you if there is a problem. If you aren't eating enough to have gained extra, lay off the salt. I swell like a balloon if I hold a salt shaker for too long prego! lol!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I had the same problem...I went from 130 to 200 pounds in my pregnancy. I am 5' 2" and lets say it didn't look pretty. The only thing that made me feel better was the thought of my beautiful baby and taking care of myself. I started doing my hair, putting on make-up, got my nails done (gel nails are safe), Oh and the pedicures were awesome. Next time you are in the doctors office ask what kind of exercise/streches you can do. Exercise release feel good hormones and relieves stress. I would get up and stretch and walk everyday did wonders.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I try to eat healthy, and focus on the baby but it's hard seeing myself balloon like this..
    I have gotten most of the things i need for the baby, all that's left is small things which i hope to be getting soon.
    I'm happy to be pregnant but I can't help but worry about the weight.. it's my first pregnancy too! so by the end I'm scared I'll be a blimp! :(
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 11:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• walking seems to be uncomfortable...but I'll try to get out a little more. :)
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 11:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009