Tattoos and peircings..

Do you think people judge your parenting skills based on tattoos and peircings? I am young (19) and have twin boys on the way. I have my nose peirced, a Monroe peircing (upper lip..looks like her beauty mark I guess) and lots of holes in my ears. I have tattoos on each wrist, one on the back of my neck, and a quarter sleeve on my left arm. I get so many looks from the "clean cut" mommies like I can't be a good mom because I have body art..any other moms had this happen?

twinmommy2009

Asked by twinmommy2009 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• eh so what if they judge you. I have piercings and tats and don't care. DH is COVERED and is the best daddy I have ever seen. Just don't pay attention to that rubbage.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think that people do Judge you on that. Not so much our generation but the older ones!
    Jennalynn31

Answer by Jennalynn31 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Why do you care what other moms think? I'm a 28 year old accountant with 2 kids (6 and 2) and I have 5 tattoos and have had various facial piercings over the years. I don't give 2 shits what they think.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'm a little guilty of judging, sorry. Don't your kids look at you funny?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Oh I don't care in the least..I just think its funny. Just wanted to hear from other moms I guess.
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If you were confident enough, you wouldn't give a shit. :) If you have a problem with it, it'll feel like others do too.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have numerous piercings and tattoos (septum, labret, nose etc) and yes i get filthy looks all the time! I am 28, married with a 6 y.o. daughter.
    And for mamaada- NO my daughter does NOT look at me strange and most of her friends don't either!
    I actually find it kind of cute when I'm at the store and youngins' (like 2-4) ask me about them! like did it hurt? lol it's nice to inform them and most of the time their parents apologize, 'cause they have piercings themselves or had!
    defiantpromises

Answer by defiantpromises at 10:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think people do. I don't get why. I have 3 tats and I recently had a mom (who was younger than me the little brat--I'm 39) try to tell my kids not to pet a dog that I told them they could pet. It was a neighbor's dog and we were picking the kids up from school. This mom was looking at me funny just before that and then tried to talk to my kids about the dangers of petting a strange dog. I told her 'we know the dog, and I told them they could pet him.' She said 'oh I didn't think you were paying attention to what they were doing.' Wth? I was standing right there! But earlier she'd been staring at my tattoos and whispering to a friend of hers. Maybe I'm just paranoid sometimes, but I get the feeling some of these prissy 'I'm so perfect' moms judge me based on few little tats. I try not to let it bother me too much though.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think people do judge other people cause of tattoo's and piercings. I think it doesn't matter what is on the outside. Your parenting skills are not based on your looks. I thinks it's so stupid of people to do that. But to each their own
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• well u know its ur body and people going to do and think what they want anyway so as long as ur happy with it that's all that matters anyway personal me myself dont have anything and sometime i think i'm missing out on the experience but i refer back to the great book THE BIBLE that states our body is a temple and then i feel better that i did something right if not anything else. nobody can judge u they may try but i got a pretty good feeling that u can handle ur self quite well.
    annoited

Answer by annoited at 11:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009