Do you think taxes should be raised? I DO!

But just on luxery items. I think cigs, boozes, 2nd houses, any luxery vehicale, premium foods (i.e. caviar and the such), boats, or anything you just want and don't need.

Now we have a boat and stuff we don't need but I think that if they tax that stuff more and stop taxing groceries and stuff then we'll all be better off.

This is just my opinion and I was just wondering if anyone else agrees or what do you think should be taxed?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 11:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I drink, I own a boat, and hubby smokes. But I believe that those things are a privilage and that they are things we do not need. We need to eat and feed our son. We don't NEED To get drunk or smoke.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I agree with you.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• But I doubt the extra money will be used wisely
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Cigs already went up and are going up another 60 cents.
    Anonymous

• Do you not drink?
    Anonymous

• Then you would be paying more.
    Anonymous

• I'm ok with that. As long as grocery tax's and other nessesary items were no longer taxed.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• But if its not raised than you can buy more of the stuff you want.
    Anonymous

• grocery tax? wait I thought you cant get taxed on food stuff? am I wrong? other than that I agree with you and I am a smoker and they are raising the tax on those here in cali, oh and I also think that the government should just get over themselves and legalize pot already and tax that too
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'm for legalizing pot as well. Though I'm not a smoker of either pot or cigs I've done both in the past. Here in AR we do a have a food tax about 3%. And I'm not concerend about bying more luxery items cause if they quit taxing food and other essentials then you'd have more money to spend on luxery items. But those that could only afford food would be able to afford more and be able to eat healthier.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2009