Why is my 4month old doing this HELP!

My dd has done so good with her bedtime routine for the last month or two! She get her bath at 730 or 8 give her a bottle and she's asleep by 830 or 9, 930 at the latest! WELL for the last 2 nights she has wanted to stay up! Not tired at all her last nap was at 5 and was only for about 45min. She's wide awake already drank her bottle and WILL NOT GO TO SLEEP FOR ANYTHING! WHY WHY WHY is she doing this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they do that. growth spurt, teething. sometimes they just do it for no reason
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Could be a growth spurt, but more likely she's hit a developmental milestone such as rolling over. Remember, she's a person with a budding personality...she wants to practice what she has learned and wants to spend more time with you. I know it's frustrating, but it will pass. My son did the same thing and I ended up having to rock him to sleep for about 3 weeks. Then, all of the sudden, the got back on track. This will happend a few more times before she is 1, so be prepared. You need to be flexible and roll with the punches. Even babies that are perfect little sleepers do this.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Because she is a baby and thats what they do. I thought we had a routine down, for weeks things were going so well. Then it all came crashing down. The tiniest things can throw routines off course. Teething, growth spurts, day light savings time. She'll eventually get back on schedule.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• cause she's a growing baby. her habits change. just enjoy the extra play time.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• She has just started rolling from back to tummy and does this all day lol... Cant wait til she's back on track.. kinda... with her not going to bed til late she didnt wake up til 930 this morning so i got some much needed sleep! lol
    Anonymous

• i agree with kiter... she will soon be bback to her self...
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 11:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Roll with it. Her sleep pattern is going to change a great deal in the next couple years. You can choose to tear your hair out, or work with it and adjust.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 11:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My son is almost four months old and has slept through the night since he was 6 weeks, and out of no where he was up in the middle of the night twice this week wanting to eat. I tried everything before I fed him, I dont want him to get into the habbit of that.lol. I wish my baby was rolling over. He tries so hard to try and sit up, but he will only roll to his side.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• could be a lot of things, teething, growth sprout, outgrowning that bedtime routine, etc.
    What can you do? Start getting her ready for bed and hour earlier. Be sure to make the hour before bed quiet time.. relax with her in a chair and read her a book. Play some soothing music, dim the lights, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2009