Do you think the drinking age should be lowered?

I do. If 18 is old enough to fight for our country and potentially lose your life, then you should be considered responsible enough to drink.
Hell you can smoke, vote, buy a house, get a checking account, get married and do anything else at 18. Why not drink?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 11:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree 100%
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 11:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's a good idea for everyone. You have a point about the military though. If they can go to war and die for our country, the deserve a few special privileges.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You can legally drink at 18 in Canada.. I had a grand ol' time when I was there :-D
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Ya, but you aren't responsible enough, at least the majority of teens are not. Shouldn't be able to fight or vote I guess either. But, drinking impairs you and using your head to vote or fight I guess doesn't.
    Anonymous

• No, I 'm sorry but I know people in their 60's that aren't responsible enough, let alone an eighteen year old. I see all the 21 and 22 yo kids puking and falling over in the parking lot of the local bars all the time! Then they get in their cars and drive off! They can't seem to handle it at the age of 21!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I dont agree...I know plenty of 18 yr old that should not do any of what you have listed... or even 21 yr olds. Just my opinion...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yeah, fact of the matter is, its not age its maturity that matters. I know 30 year olds that cant drink responsibly and 18 year olds that can. If a teen wants alcohol they are going to get it, legal or not. Responsibility and maturity are what matters.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Cause if they drank they wouldn't be sober enough to, fight for our country, buy a house, vote or get a checking account. There money would be spent on alcohol, give them a fighting chance.
    Anonymous

• I grew up in Montreal.  Drinking at 18 and having a good time but not an excessive time. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• adults should be able to make their own decisions.
    Faye-Tula

Answer by Faye-Tula at 11:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2009