Are SAHM's better mom?

Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it depends
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Absolutely not. Just because they are fortunate enough to be able to stay home with their children, does not make them better.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Depends most of the stay at home mom's on this site...do as I said....stay on the internet....then they bash the mothers who actually work....its neverending.
    Anonymous

• No they are not. I work full time and still do duties of a SAHM
    Anonymous

• I think they are. I said it. They are lucky to devote enough time to their children teaching them good habits, manners, etc. Daycare kids are often from hell. But they can fight for the legos better over the stay at home kids. Stay at home kids take time to learn to how to socialize and don't understand when daycare kids are mean or forceful. It depends on if Moms/Dads actually spend time with their children when they get home. Most of the bad kids at school are from working families that are too tired to parent when they get home and so they let teachers do it. It's the breakdown of the family IMO. Since this is a hot subject, I'll be ANON.
    Anonymous

• No. I'm a SAHM and I don't think we are any better than a working mom. Both are doing it out of love. The WM is working to provide for her children, the SAHM mom is staying at home to spend time with her children. Nothing wrong with either.
    Anonymous

• It all depends on the mother, certainly not whether she works outside the home or not.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I know a SAHM who has a nanny taking care of her kids, what's the point? A good parent spends quality time with their kids, not quantity time, end of story.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• This is just ridiculous. No, they are not. Not all SAHMs sit around waving flashcards and being Mother of the Year. Some working moms break their neck to make sure that the few hours they do get with their kids are as full of love and attention as humanly possible. Being a good mom has nothing to do with whether or not you are home all day with your kids. Making generalizations like that is just ignorant.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Not at all. Whether you work or not has nothing to do with your parenting skills.

natalieg

Answer by natalieg at 11:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2009