Do you think I did wrong in letting my grandchild see her dad?

My grandchild's dad came around a couple of times when my grandchild was with me. He came my grandchild got to see him. Now my daughter has found out and is not speaking to me. I feel that I am just the drop off point. The other grandchild from my same daughter gets picked up from her other grandparents so what is the big deal. I think her live in boyfriend now just doesn't want these kids to see their dad. I feel if the dad or the other family did not want anything to do with them they would not call asking me for them. I am sorry. But I feel children should know who their families are.

faye366

Asked by faye366 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• my daughter and son have two different dads and i would never stop my daughter from seeing her real dad...no matter what even if he is the scum of the earth that is his child...how would ur daughter feel if she couldn't see her kids
    kyleenkolbee

Answer by kyleenkolbee at 1:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• absolutely!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I suppose that depends on the situation and if your daughter had communicated a legitimate reason to keep them from their father. if it was never spoken and she's mad after the fact, that's not really fair - but if you are meddling in ways you have been asked not to, then you were wrong.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• kids need to know their dads.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think children should know their father but maybe the mother has a legimate reason she doesnt want him around? Talk to her about it
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I agree that children need to know their families. If there a specific reason why she didn't want her child to see her father? If there is then I think that you should abide by those wishes otherwise those children are allowed to see their father.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I agree with you, but it's not your decision to make. They are your daughter's children. If your daughter says no, you have to go along with it, no matter what you feel is right or wrong. Talk to your daughter about it. Maybe you can come to some kind of an understanding.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think that is your daughters decision do think you overstepped  , I would react the same way

( I am not bashing just my opinion )   ,

CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 11:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• well the child has rights too. Rights to see a daddy if they want too. Maybe he would go to court if not allowed?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If he pays support he should be allowed visitation by law in that state.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009