Venting kinda..

My brother is driving me nuts! I hardly ever see him, but I've seen him twice since the new month started and I already want to avoid him! He lets his kid do whatever! Cry, scream, throw fits.. pretty much run my parents house! And his son is mean to my 18 month old baby (hes 3) I love my nephew, don't get me wrong. But my brother lets his son do anything and gets onto my girls for every little thing that they do. I can take care of my own kids, he needs to take care of his. My kids are great, and usually don't act up much. He gets onto them for bothering my dad, my dad can take care of himself. He sees them alot more than my brother does.. I can't say anything either.. cuz.. he'll just hate me. But I really wish he'd take care of his own kid and leave mine alone!

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 11:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Honestly, I think you need to say something or at least something like, "Hey, you don't need to get on my kids, I parent them just fine. Why not take a look at setting some boundaries for your own kid?" Or avoid him.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel. My brother is the same way. Exepct my borther only gets his kid every other weekend and then he drops his off with my parents while he goes out. It's like he doesn't even care about him.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If you want to avoid him anyway, why would it bother you if he "would just hate you" if you said anything. You ARE your kids' mom and they need you to defend them--family or not---:-)
    Anonymous

• Who cares if he hates you? You need to stick up for your kids. Tell him to back off and concentrate on his own children. If your dad was bothered by your kids, he's a grown man, he can speak up.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Well, its not that i wouldn't stick up for them. They were doing something wrong when he got onto them, and if he yelled at them he'd wish he never had spoke. But its just that he never says anything to his "perfect little boy"
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 11:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'd tell him to parent his own kid and to f off and leave mine alone and if he wants to get onto my kids he could dang well take them to his house and see what its like to be the parent.

Anytime anyone wants to "parent" my kid, I tell them to take him home with them and maybe they can do better than me. Most decline to take him.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2009