We have shared custody with my Fiances Ex- Girlfriend

We Get them every week for 3 days ... My almost two year old has already come home with two black eyes, and our 3 year ol with a knot on her head so bad that the hospital took xrays to make sure that her skull wasnt broken .... When they come home sometimes they will say weird things that can really catch you off gaurd ... I know they are both only 1 and 3 but they are smart .... What should I do when they say something like that ? .... Ecspecially when they tell you someone hurts them or has hurt them ..... We write everything down with dates ..... but everything bad happens at their moms house

JheartsK

Asked by JheartsK at 11:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would get CPS involved. That's all I can think of.
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 11:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Call the police and file a report. Then, get a lawyer and file for full custody and a protective order.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• yes mom may be 2 wild or crazy? get custody!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• That sounds serious enough to get CPS involved. Just make sure you're not overreacting. I have boys around that age, and they do tend to hurt themselves fairly often. You know, like running without looking where they're going and oof! forgot that wall was there. Or climbing on the coffee table even though you've told him a hundred times.... and then falling and getting hurt. That type of stuff. But from what you're saying, it sounds like it's a little more than that.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 7:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I agree with everyone here, call CPS and if they can't come take a look at the kids today, I would file a police report. That sounds VERY serious, and especially with kids that young, you can't really take chances. Especially if it's happening each time they come home.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• what everyone else is saying is good also when they come home like that take pics of them and make sure the time stamp is set on your camera so you have a documented time line.
    Disneymom1218

Answer by Disneymom1218 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• CPS ASAP! Don't wait. You can't know about this and not tell. The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men (women) to do nothing. I can't remember who said that but it is true.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 4:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• So the thing that sux is that we have gotten cps involved , we haved filed police reports, we have gone to court , yet they keep giving her custody rights, I understand that she is their mother and that she has a right to see them ... but needs to get her act together ....
    JheartsK

Answer by JheartsK at 10:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2009