Baby 4 mo learning how to roll

My 18 week son is learning how to roll and currently can roll his body but his head still stays in the same place. (if that makes any sense, its kinda hard to describe) Im worried that with his body going one way and his head not following, something bad will happen to his neck? Am I just being a worry wart? Any advice?

AND THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION. PLEASE NO TROLL BUSINESS.

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He may need therapy get a Doc to see this.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:03 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Does he lift his head during tummy time?

If he does, it may be a temporary thing for his head to stay in one place until his neck is stronger.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• He lifts his head really well during tummy time.
    He just started attempting to roll earlier this week...
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I would just up the amount of tummy time for him, this way he can build his neck up a little more, so when he rolls, his head goes with him, I really don't know what other advice to give.. you can try asking your doctor about this. But if he is starting to roll at this age, his a little ahead of the game in most cases (this is what my dr told me anyways, when my DD started to roll at around this age)..so be proud :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• He's just learning! He'll get it. No one does things right the first few times they attempt something. You can talk to the doctor if you want to, but he's just learning this skill.

Just give him some time. My boys lived and slept on their tummies, had super head control and did the same thing when they first learned to roll.

They figure out the body can do it...and one day they'll wake up and realize, "Hey! My head can go, too!"
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2009