Vagina bone pain???

I dont know how else to descride it....it is not exactly pressure but a pain in the bone right above my vagina...pelvic area. I am 38 weeks preggers and I gets this pain when I sit or lay down....not so much when I am standing, what is it????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I am thinking that you are are pretty close to the end of pregnancy and that baby is pretty big but in a small space. Probably its just the way the baby is sitting in there and when you stand up it perhaps changes the babies position and alleviates the pain. Don't you have weekly doctors appointments since you are almost at the end? If you are concerned you should ask your doctor or nurse.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 12:11 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I had it too. It's your bones shifting to make room for baby. Sleep with a pillow between your legs. the farther up your legs the better. It really works!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:13 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• OOOhh, the knee bones connected to the thigh bone, and the thigh bones connected to the hip bone, and the hip bones connected to the vagina bone!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• well your pelvic bone is expanding preparing it's self for you to give bith so that could be it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yes I saw my doctor today.....he said it was normal...but with him being a man and all I wanted to see it other mothers experienced the same thing.
    Anonymous

• Sorry couldn't help myself, it's your ligaments right above the pubic bone stretching out.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• yes, i have severe pelvic pain, tailbone pain, perineium pain. It's my second child and I think because the baby is lying lower and is definitely putting a lot of pressure on me...very uncomfortable. I'm 30 weeks on sunday.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2009