• In the Spotlight:

Fussiness?

My baby was always such a happy baby, and for the last month he gets really fussy about 2 or 3 times a day even if hes well rested. I thought maybe early teething, but would that make him fussy for so long. He will be 4 months old next week. Please any sugestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby is the same age as yours and she is doing the same thing. I'm thinking maybe it's a growth spurt? I have no clue though. She had a UTI a few weeks ago so I thought it was back but I took her to the dr and she's fine. but I know what your going through!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• my son is doing the same thing i thought maybe he was sick but nope is is fine
    Mlass

Answer by Mlass at 1:31 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• it could be teething, or a growth sprout, may be gassy, etc.

to easy some of this, try giving him a nice baby oil massage when he gets out of the tub to help his muscles. And try burbing him a little longer. You can also try freezing a damp wash cloth and allowing him to suck on it. Good luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• They usually have a growth spurt around that age. Try feeding him a little more? Although you would probably already know if that was the problem. It could also be teething. Also, if you're starting him with solids, that could be the problem, too.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 7:07 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My daughter is a little over 4months old and she just went thru this whole thing, for 2weeks it lasted. She was going thru a growth spurt and is teething really bad. You might find that the baby might want to sleep more or act like they are tired or sick. Thats normal. Just let them do their own thing and it will pass, but they more than likekly are going to want to eat more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 21, 2009