• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever ordered food from Angel Food Ministries?

It seems like a great program. It is for anyone, you do not have to be in need and most of the ppl I have met that order it are not at all in need. I was just wondering how the quality is and what your experience has been. I also noticed that they accept food stamps which I think is cool for people that are on them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i never even heard of them
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• They are a blessing!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I have never heard of them.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• This is a fabulous program!!! You can get SO much food for $30!!! No qualifiying or applications. It really is a blessing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• We have a similar program here called ShareColorado. It is an amazing program. No applications, no qualifications. Even though you make "enough money" a month, doesn't mean you don't occasionally go through a hard time. They are spectacular if you need it. For those of you that don't know, it is a program where you can order a package of a variety of foods for $25-30. Also, you can purchase additional boxes like extra fruits and veggies, or meats, or boxed foods for smaller amounts. And, at least with our program here, you can get special holiday packages as well. Like Thanksgiving and Christmas time they have awesome meal packages with turkeys and potatoes and everything else, even pies.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I got it for 3 months then quit. I was not impressed with the quality of the meat and was REALLY not impressed with the additives and preservatives in some of the foods. I priced it out and realized that I can get more for my dollar if I do the shopping myself since I choose to purchase healthier alternatives. Just my personal preference.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• yes you get a lot of food for your money and the food is fresh and not freezer burned.
    veejamm

Answer by veejamm at 10:08 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I like the amount of meat I can get in the meat boxes and some of the other stuff, although a previous poster was right it's a lot of frozen stuff that has a lot of preservatives but for the most part I can work with it.
    lovemybabygirl7

Answer by lovemybabygirl7 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• The quality is awesome. You get alot for your money. I ordered last about 3 months ago and I still have food leftover. ANYONE can purchase, I have used my foodshare card and that helps me a lot. The one in my area is always looking for people to help out on the distribution day and that is fun to do. My 12 yr old like to help out. You can also order fresh fruit and veggies, other meat packages, convience packages(prepared frozen meals that are nutritionally good for you--low fat and low sodium). They now offer a meat pack that is gluten, wheat, dairy, etc free. At holidays they offer a full holiday meal for 4 people for under $40.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I just ordered for the 1st time and can't wait to get my food next weekend. I am planning some healthy meals. I got the $30 package of food PLUS the $22 package of fruits and veggies. We'll see how I like it but I'm excited and can't wait. YAY!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 8:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2009