Why do people think it is wrong for a mom to work?

I was at work the other day( on my break) and i was watching the new and there was this story about a babysitter molesting children in their home and video taping it. I was so appauled. Then a customer ( male) said it was the mothers fault for climbing the corporate ladder and not staying home with their children . I had to leave for awhile or i was going to hit him and lose my job. Why do people blame the mothers for working, and then blame them for not working and living off the government?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You are SO right! We are damned if we do and damned if we don't!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• idk y
    but icant wait to get to work again
    i just had my DD and i need to finnish school
    but then im gonna be a nurse
    and work in the mommy and baby rooms
    i would rather a girl work there then a guy
    also there are some job i think girls are better at
    there for girls must work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• It is called ignorance. I would rather teach my son that you have to work in order to be able to afford the things in life that you want/need.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Well, I think it depends on the family. Staying home really does work best for us. I would have a hard time balancing work, teaching my child, cleaning home and taking care of husband. I think SOME women are probably like me and aren't doing a great job balancing both. However, you cant make a generalized comment like that because some women do do a great job at both.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:32 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• PS..kudos to any woman who makes the RIGHT choice for their family whether its staying home or going to work.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Who the fuck else was going to help run the country when all of the men were being shipped off to war to fight? Hmmm...Well...there's men...women...and children...DUH! We stepped up for their asses when they were in goddamn fox holes facing mortar fire and now they want to complain that we're trying to get money ourselves. Grrrrrrrrrr!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:34 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• And why is the father not to blame either?! Isn't be supposed to be provider and the protector? You should have told the man "Maybe if the man wasn't such a useless jerk, she wouldn't have had to work" HEHEHEHEHE
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Perfect answer, Love it!!

And why is the father not to blame either?! Isn't be supposed to be provider and the protector? You should have told the man "Maybe if the man wasn't such a useless jerk, she wouldn't have had to work" HEHEHEHEHE

momfourboys

Answer by momfourboys at 12:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Some people feel the need to always blame someone and always make a negative comment. I have family members that can't let you get through a two second story without making negative comments at 5 second intervals while you're speaking.
    Me: I was walking through the park today
    Them: (interrupting) the weather is horrible.
    Me:....and I saw a lady with her kid
    Them: (interrupting again) Oh great, I bet she's on welfare and I'm paying for her to stay home with her kid with my tax dollars...
    Me:...um ok...anyway...she had the neatest shirt on and I...
    Them: (interrupting again) yup, I bet she's another one of those mothers that's having a midlife crisis and has to dress like a slut in public.
    (by then I give up on my story).
    The world is full of people like that. The great thing about it is...their opinion doesn't matter! If someone makes a negative comment that makes no sense...feel free to blow it off!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• lol BaisMom! Agreed. I think that doing the right thing for your family is the choice that needs to be made. Some women are better than others at the working/family thing, and some women are better at staying home (I stay at home, and I am not good at it, lol!). For some, there is no choice in their decision, and it's what has to be done (I stay at home because we cannot afford daycare for 3 kids).
    KadenTaeasmom

Answer by KadenTaeasmom at 12:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2009