when is it a good time to concieve again?

my daughter just turned 1 on february 28th. when would it be a good time to start thinking about having another baby? i'm not in any hurry..but i was just curious.

ABBY90

Asked by ABBY90 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• What ever time you feel right on starting to try. There is no answer that anyone else can give you. It is all on what you feel is right. I hope what ever you choose it happens easily for you :)
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Doctors recommend giving your body a full year to heal from pregnancy and labor. However my dd is 6 months and I'd be ecstatic to be preggo again!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• talk to the daddy of course and make a plan... if you could afford it then start when you want.. but you want the first kid to get a little alone time too..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• If you and your SO are up for it and your body is good with pregnancy go for it!!! Me I have to wait ( I wish I could get pregnant right now...lol)...my body doesn't do too well with pregnancy (5 months total bedrest and constantly in preterm labor) and with a soon to be 2 yr old bedrest would be just about impossible. So I have to wait :(
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 1:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Any time you want to, now. Depending of course. There are a few reasons it would be a good idea to wait a little longer.
    If you had a c-section, for example, it's a good idea to give your body some extra time to heal. 15 months minimum between pregnancies so that you have at least 2 years between deliveries. That also gives you the least amount of risk for a VBAC.
    If you have cruddy pregnancies, with bedrest, etc. waiting longer is a good idea. It takes 2 years for your body to heal entirely, so if you've had trouble before, it's a good idea to wait that long. Besides that, the older your child is, the easier bed rest is.
    But for the average woman, the old saying of 9 months pregnant, nine months not, works pretty good.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 6:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2009