what do you do when your 4 yr old is 3 stories up and being attacked

I was at mcdonalds today and they have a playplace with 3 story high tubes and at the top there is a box like thing with clear plastic windows. Well my son was cornerd and pushed up against the clear wall being bullied and harrassed. I cannot climb up the tubes to deal with this type of situation and the mom was too busy talking. How do you handle this?
It makes me wants to keep my son out of school and just homeschool!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• You interrupt the mother and tell her that her child is hurting your child and she needs to intervene. I am not sure what this has to do with homeschooling. It was at a McDonalds, clearly this kind of thing could happen anywhere, unless you decide to keep your child in a bubble.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 12:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I would of told the mom to listen! Kids are horrible they do that to my son too when he is at a playground and I sometimes cant get to him. They kick and shove and scream, poor guy!...Try to avoid that situation again, make sure you can always get to your son incase of any type of an emergency!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yell, "Hey! Knock it off up there!" That will get parents attention. Use your voice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• WoW I would have probably confronted the Mom and if she didn't handle the situation the way i felt necessary I would have probably caused a scene. No BS you don't mess with somebodies kids.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 12:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yell at the kid to leave your son alone. Then make the mom notice. I thought Mcdonalds did away with all those stupid nasty toys? Yuck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• HOMESCHOOL HIM!! These are the kind of kids your child will have to face everyday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i would have gotten the moms attention and made her deal with her kid or if i didnt know who the kids mom was i would have just plain out yelled at the kids to knock it off...dont let kids get away with that. that is how this starts in the first place. just put your foot down. protect your child!!!
    Alina456

Answer by Alina456 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• After I crawled in the tube to defend my child, I then would have gotten him down and talked to him about using HIS voice. He needs to know that he can't let someone do that to him. And then I would have talked to the Mom about her child. That's what I would have done...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I'd a had my butt up them tubes. I get in the now just to play with him.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2009