cats.and..pregnancy

hello
i have adopted a cute kitten the other day i love her very very much and dont wanna get rid of her but lately everytime she strecths me or lays by my face and neck i get itchy. i have never been allergic to cats or kittens before. i was wonderin if its just a preg. thing. should i get rid of her or is there anythin i can take being preg. and all. thanks very much

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ... most people get allergies later in life so it very possible that you are allergic
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:02 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Not sure if your having some kind of allergic reaction due to being pregnant, but don't change the litter box there is something in their urine I forget,but it can make you sick when your pregnant.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:09 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Your chances of getting sick from the poop in the litter box are the same as getting it from meat cooked wrong..... which is low, but still if you can make someone else go for it. I have one cat that makes my DH itchy and none of our others do. I just think he has different fur and it bothers him for some reason. Are you just itchy? I dont see that as a good reason to get rid of the cat. Unless you are having terrible hives up and down your body, thats different. Clip the nails every week or two if you can, they can't scratch you as bad that way. Also Benadryl is completely safe to take during pregnancy, so that might help you with the itching. Good luck!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:27 AM on Mar. 21, 2009