Why do women have children then wanna go to work? They don't have to, they want to...

Just curious really...Why do some women want children but they don't want to stay home? I know some women must work and having to work would not stop me from having a baby but some women make the decision to have a baby then get right back to work...I don't get it...if they still have "me" on the brain, why not wait to have kids? And I'm talking about women who can afford to stay home... Did they not realize what they were getting into?

ericadrian

Asked by ericadrian at 1:12 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because I enjoy working. When I have my next baby I plan to stay home for about 6 months, and then I'll get back to working. I prefer to work part time, only about 12-15 hours a week. Working is part of my identity, why should I give that up just because I have kids? Plus I feel like I am contributing to my family, sure we can get by on hubby's military salary, but when I sit around and play puzzles and go to the park all day, I feel like I'm not contributing. But when I work a few mornings a week, I bring in some money, get some time to myself, and still have plenty of time to get the house clean, make dinner and be with my kid(s).
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:19 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Cuz once the kids are in school all day, what the hell am I going to do then? Sit on my butt all day and watch soap operas? Clean the house? I think not..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• If its a job you love I see no reason for a mother to quit working after having children. Just because your children lives are beginning does not mean the mothers is ending.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 1:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Where is it written that a mother HAS to stay home. For some women it can lead to depression. And I can afford to stay home and I do stay home, but I would love to go to work. I like to be independent and have my own money, money I know I worked for all by myself.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Why do some women want to stay home with their children and then spend no time with them? And why do some women spend more time judging what others do, rather than focusing on their own damn kids and household.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

I agree... Couldnt of said it any better myself~ Plus we have already had this question tonight! :)
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• The same reason some women would rather welfare pay for raising their children..it's a choice
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Whatever happened to the moms that bitch about the woman that sit around all day with their kids?? Just proves anyone would bitch about anything...
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 1:32 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Dang anime mom 619! Seriously, just a question. Not judging, just wondering. Some good responses though...
    ericadrian

Answer by ericadrian at 1:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• What does it matter? We all have different wants and needs. It would be a boring world if we didn't.

I *thought* I wanted to stay home till I actually did it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 AM on Mar. 21, 2009