Reasons for babies growth restriction mystery.

Up until 4 weeks ago all was going fine with baby,well this week had an appointment and baby is showing to be 4 weeks smaller than normal,now all tests that may show reasons for this come back normal:Diabetes & so on.
My husband when he was younger for 4 years did not grow and they still to this day can't explain the delay could it be possible this is what is going on with baby?
The doctors said well keep monitoring and see what happens they are praying my due date is off but said this would of been seen earlier on than at 26 week appt. which now is minus four weeks.
Anyone have this and have a healthy full term baby?
I'm worried but hoping something was just off and all is ok,i guess time will tell.
Thank you in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It may be failure to thrive. My cousin had the same thing. At age 2 she was still only 18lbs and she would eat more than anyone else in the family and didn't grow. She is now 17 and still very small for her age. My aunt kept taking her to all different drs and hospitals and the only thing they could come up with is failure to thirve. GL
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 11:34 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• my ex husband was born full term at 4.5 lbs and no problems. to this day he's still pretty small. so it's possible.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:02 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Op here:
    My hubby although small has no medical issues and had small but healthy children also from previous marriage.
    His brothers and sister are all normal in size and at birth so it's uncertain what may of took place.
    So,i'm staying optimistic that my baby may be small but healthy.
    The doctor suggested unless something medical comes along that shows otherwise that they will try to delay delivery until the baby reaches the full term mark even though that would up until recently put me at 44 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Mar. 21, 2009