Why???

Do children or anyone for that matter see black ghosts, or black monsters when they go to sleep? Does anyone know what that means????

barbiejo2009

Asked by barbiejo2009 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I seriously think it is the devil picking on them, I am not a scientist or anything special like that, just a mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Not black monsters but just monsters in general, I don't know who even told her about them!! She was doing so good in her big girl bed but now she will not sleep in her bed at all.
    valerieiveliss

Answer by valerieiveliss at 10:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My SS's maternal great grandmother told him that if he didn't have a cross over his bed that monsters would get him. And when he came to live with us he was afraid to sleep so, we got him a dreamcatcher. That helped him we just told him it kept the bad things away (dreams, monsters, thoughts.)
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• you would be suprised where kids pick up these things. we havea special can of moster spray ( powder scented lysol) that we spray every night right before story time to ward off all mosters and it works. take a piece of contruction paper and decorate it and write on it moster begone spray. then when you do story time or tuck your lil girl in spray the spray all over and under the bed and in the closet. then tell her there should be no mosters tonight we sprayed. it also makes the room smell nice and the powder scent is calming. We have not had any mosters in the house since we have done this.
    Disneymom1218

Answer by Disneymom1218 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My kids used to see that sort of thing too but we got 2 kittens and I offhandedlty remarked that it was great because mice, monsters, bugs and aliens are afraid of cats. They haven't mentioned anything "scary" in their rooms for about 2 years now! Cats are awesome :)
    Anonymous

• its at about this age that imagination begins to really kick in so the annoying monsters are actually a good thing, it means that our children are bright, creative, and full of imagination.
    The "monster/ghost/witch" spray has done well in our house and we've also done prayers, dream catchers, mommy spells etc.
    Besides, don't we also get more scared at night when all the lights are off and shadows change trees into monsters etc. C'mon admit it... You've been spooked at home at night too, even as an adult? so WHY do we think that kids shouldn't be?
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I agree with the spray and the dreamcatchers. They work wonders.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009