KIDS WIPING THENSELVES

DD IS 3. INSISTS ON WIPING HERSELF. IM WORRIED I NOTICED MABE A SMELL WHEN GETTING HER INTO PJS. HOW DO I MAKE SURE SHES CLEAN. SHE SLAMS HER LEGS TOGETHER IF I TRY TO HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Instead of toilet paper have her wipe with baby wipes remind her that the wipe has to be clean and then she done wiping .She is very private and by hiding it from you shows that she is ashamed of letting you find she did not do such a good job my fearing she will disapoint you .It will take time to get it right .dont forget to remind her how proud you are of her .Hope that helps
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Little girls should let that area air out at night when they are first learning to wipe themsevles. My daughter sleeps with a night gown and no undies...her doctor says this will help let fresh air get in. It really helps because otherwise their legs are closed all night and the undies retain moisture.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My daughter insists on doing the same thing, I let her use baby wipes and make sure she gets a routine bath.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Check while she's sleeping. If she wakes up from light, like my son does, use a flashlight. Wipe quick with a baby wipe and RUN. lol. it works just fine for me, and my sons not even three lol. The baby wipe idea sounds good to me too. I might start trying that again, when he first started he wanted to be like daddy and only use "daddy" paper lol. I don't have a girl, but it sounds smart to let her area dry out with no panties. =] hope you get what you're looking for and good luck =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• You too? I've been using baby wipes and bathing no matter what right before bed.
    Every day the wave of skunk funk comes back, *shudder*.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 12:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Surprise wipe at night with a flashlight? I don't think that sounds very good. The kid might have memories later of "something" happening in that area late at night. He's not awake enough to know what's going on and it would sound strange to anyone he might want to share it with. No bueno.
    Anonymous

• we use those flushabooe baby wipes she gets her chance then we do.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• THANKS
    Anonymous