Is this normal for a three yr old?

My friend has a two month old. She called me yesterday and asked me to watch him so she could go for a check up. The whole time my son was saying mama pick me up mama mama mama. I asked my son if he wanted to help mama help hold the bottle. He said no it's time for the baby to go . Well when he left it kinda felt like my son was jealous of the baby. I hope I dont sound like a bad person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh there is nothing wrong with that he is not used to sharing the attention .I think you should take him out more often enroll him in a headstart his world revolves around you and that is fine but you will have issues when takeing him to school or haveing him with a babysitter .Poor baby My son felt the same when i had my daughter i broke the ice by taking him to the store letting him a pick a toy for himself and for his sister he gave her that gift himself .Instead of him seeing her as competition he saw her as a baby that needed him now he is very over protective with his sister and he assist me in everything relating his sister i hope that helps .Allways tell him what a big bay he is and praise especially when other kids or babies are around you that he still feels he is your number one .
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 2:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• sounds normal. Especially if he is the only baby. You solely pay attention to him so it would rattle his lil world if another baby came into his home and you were babyin it and not him its ok though.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I think the better question would be why wouldn't this be normal.....of course he was jealous your HIS mama and from the sounds of it he is propbably an only child right?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yup only child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Ya he does start pre k Monday. He does very well around kids his age and older kids. Not babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Mar. 21, 2009