Is it normal for a child under 5 to smell this much?

Has anyone else had a little girl whose finally gotten the ropes of potty training down, only to have her bootay start smelling icky?
Yes, we use baby wipes, changing the undies & stockin's each time as well as bathe daily {rarely has accidents} I can't live with her vinegar~butt stink any more!!! She has a mainly meat free diet, and eats a lot of fruits nuts, water.

Summer's coming & she's going to be nay~kid in the pool a lot soon, as well as crawling on me with her creepy smells... help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Health

• She probly has the silent but deadly smell maybe its not meat it can be the beans tell her Ped .baby powder in between helps alot too .My son after a shows puts baby powder down there .he has a stinky but .I feel you on that one it can be that she is constipated due to the lack of meat and she is farting alot .Because her colen is storing the boop still inside .
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 3:06 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• my niece is like this, her parents and mommy claim to clean her and bathe her but she still smells icky. Try talking to the pediatrician it might be something worse like an infection. At most I can suggest is look for fragrance wipes for her bottom.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:06 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• It's possible it's a hormone problem that might be fixable with medicine or just time for her body to adjust. For instance, my dad had a thyroid problem (which controls hormones) and his weight fluctuated, it can make you sweat profusely or not at all, it can make you have uncontrollable hunger or no hunger ever.. it's possible it's something like that. Also does she eat a lot of dairy or a lot of rich foods? I had a cousin from Europe who had an issue with body odor for a while until his diet changed.. apparently they eat more rich foods and have a different diet.. that's what my parents said anyhow.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 6:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• It might be a result of her diet. You should discuss it with the pediatrician.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Peds been no help, it isn't a poo smell... more like something I'd expect from a ferret!
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 12:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2009