Anyone else's.....

baby have that weird virus that is going through babies right now,the one with no symptoms other than an extreme fever? Mine is and I was just wondering how long it should be before it is completely gone? He seemed to be a bit better today but yesterday he was fine for awhile and it suddenly spiked back up to 102. Doctor said children's motrin every six hours as needed.

Peekalou

Asked by Peekalou at 3:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd is 2 1/2 but when she was 8 months old, she ran a really high temp for 3-4 days. After that she got a rash on her body for a few days. Turns out she had Roseola....a viral infection that just went away on it's own....I hope your little one feels better soon!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Thanks hun, you're sweet. I was just wondering how much longer I have to see him suffer cause I hate it.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 4:19 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I'd follow the Dr.s recommendation for now. The motrin should make him feel better. Fevers tend to spike in the afternoon/evening. If it stays up for more than a couple more days call them back he could have an infection Hope the little one feels better today
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Just so you know: If your baby's fever is high, you can give Tylenol every 4 hours AND Motrin every 6 hours. They don't affect one another and it keeps the fever down for longer. My daughter had a really bad fever a couple years ago and needed to be hospitalized for dehydration. She had rotavirus. Make sure to keep baby hydrated and if he refuses (like mine did), go to ER. It lasted about 5 days. Hope he feels better.
    Mom2Girls1230

Answer by Mom2Girls1230 at 2:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2009