• In the Spotlight:

18 weeks prego with baby #2 Need advice!!

Ok so Everytime I have a hard BM i seem to loose a tiny piece of my mucus plug and I already adressed this with my doctor its been happening since like what 12 weeks at first he tried to tell me i dont get a mucus plug until further along until a researched it and told him diffrent lol and then he was like well Yeah but its nothing to worry about beccouse everytime it break off it regrows but I just think ITS WAY TO EARLY TO BE LOOSING MY MUCUS PLUG already Im Just about to hit 5 months ya know? It just worries me that im going to deliver a premature baby I dont want nothing to happen to my baby what should I Do?

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 4:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Health

• im not too sure actually, and im sorry but I would suggest a doctor who knows what he is talking about perhaps?
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:01 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• The plug does not regenerate according to my OB. Losing it does not necessarily mean you're going to go into labor.

I lost mine with my first at 35 weeks and was induced at 39 weeks 5 days.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• if thats the case, 1st i agree with Bugs, get a new Dr. But I would also try stool softeners, do whatever you can to kinda prevent so much force. Maybe your just pushing too hard. GL.
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 10:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2009