how do I baby proof the dishwasher?

he can unlock it and I haven't seen anything in stores for baby proofing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lowes, Babies r us or Walmart(wherever you go) there is gadget called a "Oven lock- There are several pieces and what it does is keeps the baby from opening the door.The thing is hinged, so it fits better than a regular cabinet or drawer lock.
    My friend's son got the oven door open enough to get his hand squashed in it WHILE IT WAS ON...big 2nd degree burn-but who knew ? We got one of these gadgets for the over door and dishwasher.
    Starnana

Answer by Starnana at 6:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I more have the problem with baby turning stuff like that on. I don't have a dishwasher, but my mom does. Whenever we're over there, he doesn't try to open it, but he's found out it makes all sorts of cute noises when he pushes the buttons. Sigh....
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 7:24 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• We use industrial strength velcro available from any fabric store. It works great. We have used it since our oldest was a baby, she is now 23, and today the same trick still works with our youngest being three.

equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 7:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I use regular fridge locks. I don't use my dishwasher anyways, it's old and doesn't get the dishes as clean as handwashing. Well not true, I use it as a drying rack...lol. But yeah, regular old fridge locks work for me. Of course my 2 year old has figured them out but they work on my 12 month old..for now..lol!
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009