mY 19 MONTH OLD WONT SLEEP,WAKES UP FOR BOTTLE AND SCREAMS

MY 19 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER JUST STARTED THIS THING WHERE SHE WILL NOT SLEEP WITHOUT A BOTTLE. SHE WILL FALL ASLEEP AND WAKE UP AN HOUR LATER AND SCREAM BLOODY MURDER FOR A BOTTLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. I END UP SLEEPING IN HER ROOM, ON THE FLOOR, ON THE COUCH OR BRINGING HER INTO BED. MY BOYFRIEND WORKS AT 4AM! SHE WAKES UP SATURATED, AS OF NOW ITS BEEN THE 4TH TIME TONIGHT AND NOW BEEN GOING ON FOR AN HOUR, SHE EVEN HAS A BOTTLE WITH HER NOW AND STILL WONT LAY DOWN! SHE NEVER USED TO DO THIS. AT OTHER PEOPLES HOUSES SHE NEVER DOES THIS AND WILL ALSO DRINK OUT OF A SIPPY CUP. WHEN SHE CRIES... I CRY....ITS HEART BREAKING TO HEAR HER CRY MAMA....

VaydasMaMa

Asked by VaydasMaMa at 6:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe she is having bad dreams or isnt comfortable with her environment? Try changing it up a bit with some cute posters and nightlights she enjoys, read bedtime stories. Dont give into the bottle especially if she can do the sippy. I think thats too old for a bottle especially on demand like that. Make sure she doesnt have a fever or anything or a wet butt...obviously do the process of elimination see what you find out? When my son wakes up moody I put a movie he loves on (ant bully) and a sippy if he's hungry I give him a gronola bar and he goes back to sleep.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:27 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Night terrors is what it sounds like to me. Its not unusual . I am sending this link to you to show you what I mean. Both of my daughters had them at this age.

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/sleep/a/night_terrors.htm

Its not fun, but, eventually it will go away.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My son has night terrors to we think so. My husband had them growing up and Jayson wakes up screaming sometimes. We have a music player in his room. He is 19 months old and can turn it on himself. This helps him during the night. Most of the times he will cry for about 5 minutes and then soothe himself back to sleep. I know it breaks my heart when he cries but i know its best for him. This may sound horrible but I would put her to sleep with her bottle, comfort her and lay her down for the night. Also you can put a spare bottle in with her. When she wakes up let her cry, she is used to you coming in so she might cry a little longer. I mean check on her, maybe turn on some music but then leave. Keep checking in on her if she is still crying so she knows you are still there. After a couple nights it should get better. But if you keep going in there and bringing her to bed, I don't think it will get better. Pm me if you need more
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2009