How much do you pay for grooming?

I have a miniature schnauser and they need to be clipped every 6-8 weeks or mine starts looking like a poodle lol. I have done her myself a couple times and it's just very time consuming and really not pretty lol. If you have a dog that required regular haircuts, how much do you pay? Around here it's about 40-50.

MissAlisabeth

Asked by MissAlisabeth at 9:12 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pets

• 90 every 3-4 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I pay ZERO! I have a Shih Tzu and a Basset. I groom both of them at home, for free! My Shih Tzu gets a bath every week and my Basset gets a bath every 3 weeks. I also clip my Shih Tzu down twice a year. I do their nails and everything else that a groomer does. I see no point in spending money to do this when I can do it at home.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 1:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I pay $30 at the local PetCo for a 35 lb corgi. They shampoo, blow dry, brush out, clean inside his ears and clip his nails. It's $3 extra if his anal glands need expressing.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Eww. expressing anal glands. I have heard of this before, but is this just with certain dog breeds? I have a schnauser and a lab and I have never heard of expressing their anal glands.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 4:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• About $35/mo and we have a pyrenees mix.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2009