Does your toddler bring you snacks when he wants them?

My son will bring me the box of vanilla wafers, or his little biscuit cookies, or puffs he goes through his diaper bag until he finds what he wants LOL. His puffs he'll take the lid off and just eat them.. sometimes dumping them out. He tries to open everything else but gives in and brings it to mommy :) again he's 12 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, my daughter cannot reach any of her snacks. She knows where they are and how to ask for them, but if I put them somewhere she could get them she would never stop eating.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Oh lord, all the time! lol My ds is 2 and a half. I always catch him digging in the "snack drawer" LOL. He even knows where every family members snack drawer is and goes straight to it when we visit!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:42 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• lol my son just did as i was reading your question but he does it a lot
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• yes my daughter (2yo) brings me snacks that she wants. I have made it so that she can not reach any junkfood, but she does have free reign over stuff like grapes, other fruit, cheese, yogert, raisins, carrots, celery, etc. Those things I do not mind if she helps herself too, as long as it is healthy.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• If she could reach them she would, but she cant... SO, she runs up to me and says "Mommy I hungggrrryyy" and rubs her belly; another one is "Mommy aaaaaSnnnnaacckkk" Just like that lol!

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 9:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Mine does. She's almost 3 and can open the fridge and will go in there and find string cheese or gogurts and come ask me if she can have them. If I say no she always goes, "oh man." If I say yes she gets happy then looks all innocent and asks if I will open it for her. Sometimes she will ask first then go get it and try to open it herself...with scissors from the kitchen. She's very independent and industrious. So far no cut fingers with the scissors (she knows she isn't supposed to touch them so she does it in secret).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:16 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• No, my toddler will flat out ask for a snack. It's my 7 year old who goes to get a snack, and act as though he's offering me some. When I say I don't want a snack, he disappears, then comes back a few minutes later and asks if he can have the same damn snack I just said I didn't want! Why? Because he was the one who really wanted it in the first place!
    dorky_goddess

Answer by dorky_goddess at 10:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My snacks are up on the top shelf of the cupboard and mine climbs and brings them to me. I have to constantly tell him if he is hungry to just come get mommy and I will get him something. This boy never stops eating, must be growth spirt!! LOL
    linwood

Answer by linwood at 10:25 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• No, they are up in the top cupboards where the boys cant reach them.
    However, my 2 1/2 yr old will come and grab my leg and say "get up" and then "chocolate" when he wants a snack(not that they are chocolate but he's obsessed with chocolate right now LOL).

My nearly 5 yr old will say "my stomach hurts" and Ill say "why" and he responds "because it needs a snack to feel better". LOL
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:54 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Every once in awhile he will get hold of a box of crackers or something and bring them to me and say want some want some!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2009