Can you all of a sudden go into labor if

you haven't lost your mucous plug you were checked 2 days ago and you're only dilated 1 cm and the baby hasn't "dropped"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. I have never seen my plug and I've had 3 kids so far. I was in the dr office on a Monday pm and dialted to 2. My appt was at 3pm, by 10:30 that night I was in active labor. Just try timing the contractions and see if they are getting closer together and more intense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• hun i think im going into labor..haha i just posted a question up top asking if i was going into labor..so ..im waiting for feed back...cuz just yesterday i was checked and my cervix was closed
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:23 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yes, an OB is not a fortune teller and cannot predict when you will go into labor. I've know many who have been told they would probably go into labor before they got home and didn't birth for weeks, those who were "high and tight" who went into labor a few hours later, and those who walked around at 3cm dilated for weeks.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2009