i AM 9 AND 1/2 WEEKS PREGNANT I HAVE A BLADDER INFECTION.. I WIPED AND HAD A TEENY TINY SPOT OF PINK BUT NO RED BLOOD AND NO MORE SPOTTING IS IT COMMON TO HAVE A LIL PINK SPOTTING WITH A BLADDER INFECTION OR SHOULD I CALL MY DOC?

SORRY CAPS GOT STUCK

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am assuming you have seen the doc for the bladder infection? Slight tints of blood are normal with bladder infections.

Are you doing anything for it? I would get some cranberry pills, some vit. c, and garlic capsules. :) That will have you clear in no time, unless you are allergic then don't take :) If you are already on antibiotics, then you could forgo the garlic... but I would still do vit. c and the cranberry and even probiotics because antibiotics can mess up your good flora!

If it makes you feel better you can ask your doc before using, most OB's are ignorant to natural remedies though.. so talking to a midwife or an herbalist is your best bet!

Good luck. Sorry if I gave too much advice, I do that some times! haha. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Yes, it could well be a bladder infection, especially if it is associated with pain on urinating. But you should get it treated if it is to make sure it doesn't get worse. I hope you feel better soon, those are miserable.

Answer by Bmat at 10:25 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• if you have a bladder infection you should call the dr yes. infections can get really bad when you are pregnant because your defenses are way down now.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• The pink is normal, but you need to see a doctor right away!!!!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I had some light pink spotting (only when I wiped). I called my midwife about it and she asked some questions. I also constantly had to go to the bathroom and it hurt to pee. She said that I most likely had a UTI (which I'd never had before) and that I'd have to give a urine sample to find out for sure. I did end up having a UTI and just took some antibiotics for a week and I've been fine since.

To answer your question...pink spotting with a UTI isn't uncommon, but you should have it checked just to be sure that's what it is. Being that you're not very far along at all, it's best to be safe. You don't want to just take care of it yourself and later find out it was something worse.
    ACsLady

Answer by ACsLady at 10:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• See your doctor to get on meds. Call them anytime you are nervous about anything. Its their job, they are used to it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:15 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• haha i was just at the doctor for the same reason.. they said it is normal?.. was it after intercourse?
    AprilisinLove

Answer by AprilisinLove at 11:29 AM on Mar. 21, 2009