Could i be going into labor right now?! (first timer so be nice pleaseee)

Ouchies im having the most PAINFUL contractions ever!! i have them about every 7 minutes...and for some reason the babys feet is kicking lower..and not so much at my ribs anymore..more like near my belly button almost..

im almost 36weeks pregnant..yesterday my cervix was closed but the DR said my cervix was getting soft and i did alot of walking yesterday (i got off bed rest yesterdat)

and i had sex lastnight and this morning...

and ive had contractions since yesterday about 7 minutes apart the whole time...i mean theres no change in the timing...and the baby is super active right now..

so...whats the verdict?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 10:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Since you were just on bed rest and did a lot of walking yesterday (why?) I would go to the Doctor.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:27 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i was on bed rest for preterm labor back when i was 30 weeks..doctors told me that if i were to go into labor that their not gonna stop the baby from coming out now..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• but preterm is stil now 37 weeks is full term thatis when the babies lungs are developed even then sometimes ... SOMETIMES the baby can still have problems . but 7 mins apart yes i would go to the dr and be checked . since you were just on bedrest it could be like me . i am on it nad i was doing some walking up at the hospital and it itrritaded my uterus and caused contractions ,which did nothing to my cervix. but now im on strict bedrest . i would go get checked you never know .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• my doctors said im finally full term...i gues different doctors have different opinions...lol
    and i dont really wanna go if nothing has changed!

i wish there was a way to check my own cervix but i wouldnt know what to look for lol..

so...yeah..i suppose i could take a trip up..i live about 1 minute away from the hospital lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:37 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• but it is the same for everyone 37 weeks . i mean what if your due date was off by 2 weeks back ? then youd be 33 weeks almost 34 . they cant tell if you are full term with out actually sticking a needle in your uterus and testing the fluid to see if the babies lungs are developed . im just saying . i really dont mean to be mean at all . oh i dont suggest checking your own lol . i would , if i were you just go get checked. im a worry wart but that isnt the point lol . again i dont mean to be meann i know how it is to be a firsttimer . i was 17 when i was and i was a nut case and had no idea what was going on .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• they gave me a shot to make her lungs better back when i was 30 weeks...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• that isnt always a promise tho i know moms that have had the samee shot and then later was tested and the baby wasnt ready yet . they ended up on bedrest in the hospital . im just saying you do not know for sure unless the test is done or they are born . a shot is no promise of a healthy baby .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• You don't have to rush to the hospital- call your doctor and get his/her advice. And if you are in labor, relax- I am a former OB nurse and most babies born at this stage are just fine with no intervention! Good luck to you!
    mom23mandi

Answer by mom23mandi at 12:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2009