Suze Orman has some harsh words about the economy

Sitting in a green room after her TV interviews, she lambasts everyone from Alan Greenspan to Larry Summers to the former president of the United States, who holds an especially dark place in her heart. “Commander in Chief?” she says of George W. Bush, with a mix of disbelief and scorn. “You blew up every single financial vessel we had and if you think you aren’t personally responsible, well, the blame starts at the top. There is no higher top than you, SIR! If I were you, I would feel so absolutely horrific that I would take every penny I had and distribute it to anybody and everybody to help them in whatever way I could. You owe the American people every penny of your fortune and your family’s fortune.”
http://www.wwd.com/media-news/suze-orman-the-money-lady-2075877?src=rss/recentstories/20090320#/article/media-news/suze-orman-the-money-lady-2075877?page=1
Do you agree?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• AS much as I hate Bush, it's unfair to lay all the blame on one man. I think he was manipulated a lot into doing what Cheney and others wanted.

I do agree with her that this economic mess started with Bush though. We were far worse off when he left office than when he got in.

I like Suze, but she should focus that anger on coming up with solutions.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• That's a little harsh! I don't like Bush, that isn't fair.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 11:08 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I have only seen her a few times, she is TOUGH
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:17 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I don't like her anyway. I'm a Dave Ramsey gal myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I think Suze Orman just wants your money too, her information isn't free, she charges for appearances and books. Just keeping herself relevant and jumping on the GWB derangement syndrome bandwagon. That gay marriage issue is clouding her judgement anyway.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• guess what, I'm not crazy about Suze Orman.

I don't trust her since she has nothing to say about the craziness of the current administration.........
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Awfully unprofessional of her. How many people want to take financial advice from someone who acts like she has less basic economic knowledge than is handed out in the basic High School consumer ed class?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I just find it odd, that her profession should have no changes in her message regardless of who is in office. And as far a her and Ramsey goes, why are they telling people to not use credit cards and only buy what they have to, but they accept credit cards as payment for their merchandise and services and the stuff aint cheap. If they truly wanted to help people with their finances and are as generous as they claim to be and well off as they claim to be their services should be online or newsletter for free or at a very cheap price paid by check only.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

She makes her living selling her advice, why shouldn't she be allowed to do that? and are you saying that Americans DONT abuse their credit card? PLEASE

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Ms Orman would better serve the people of the U.S. by educating them about the Federal Reserve and how our monetary system really works. With that, she could place the blame for the current state of the economy on every President since Wilson who chose to climb in bed with the Federal Reserve.
    Anonymous