• In the Spotlight:

Is it wrong 2 have a baby shower for your 2nd baby?

i didnt have much of one for my son cuz the lady planning it was a moron and didint hand out the inviations til 3 days before so only like 4 people showed up and she NOTHING organized... so i kinda want a REAL baby shower since i never got one.. is that wrong?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no that is fine i mean your son wasnt born 2 days ago lol right ? i had a second one for my second baby but then again my first is a boy and he is 5 and this one is a girl . but no i see nothing wrong with it .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I had 2 showers for my second daughter Natalie! One at work which was a surprise and my family threw one :) No it is not wrong.
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 11:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• if someone plans it for you, then no it's not wrong. *I* am not having one, for many reasons, but mostly because we no longer live near family lol.. I don't think it's fair to ask for one though, but that goes with any pregnancy, a shower is nice but not a necessity.

If you are going to have one, do it, if that is what makes you happy.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:14 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Nothing wrong wth having another shower. I had one for each of my 3 kids. And besides every mom deserves to be honored and showered with gifts when expecting a baby. IMO
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:16 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I'm on #3, and I've had showers for the first two. For this one, my friend is planning a BBQ like we had for my 15mo old, and my SIL is planning one for the ladies at church. If someone wants to throw one, LET THEM!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I think its wrong.. thats not how we do it in our family or with friends. When someone or I had our first baby. we went big. I bought my sister a crib. My sister bought me a carseat with stroller and so on. I am a SAHM, if someone I love has a baby I spend more then 100 on their gift. Most gifts they should still have for the next baby. I am expecting with # 3, different gender from the last. Once baby is born on everyones first visit, Im sure will get clothes and such. you shouldnt expect anything more. cribs, strollers, high chairs, bouncy seats, if washed, taken care of last. My oldest is 6 and we still are using alot from his childhood. minus the carseats since they have now or going to expire. it will be tough for us to buy the new, but will have to make due. Ive been shopping online & at used childrens places. if your looking for another shower to help with expenses, think of how your loved ones have already spent!!!
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• no its not wrong.im having another one and this is my third.
    Anonymous

• I had 4 baby showers for my son. Both sides of our family got together and had a hugh one. Our friends had one. I had one at work. My husbands work had one for us. If someone wants to have one for you, then do it. I would never ask for one.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is wrong. That said, don't be offended if those who came to your first shower may not want to come or bring gifts for your second or subsequent showers. I had one only for my first baby, but several people around me had them for 2nd babies. I think whatever mom wants, she should get!!!
    mom23mandi

Answer by mom23mandi at 12:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I dont think its wrong, I think its fine. I mean I wouldnt expect large gifts like Kerinmomof2 suggested. I guess I think of a shower being more about everyone getting together to celebrate a new baby coming, but maybe thats just me.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009