How much would you pay?

So my five year old son asked me yesterday if he could do something around the house to earn some money. I said sure, you could clean your bathroom, (scrub the toilet, wipe the counter top, and mop the floor). As this was the first time he has ever cleaned the bathroom, I was right there helping him the whole time. We didn't discuss a price before hand, and when we were done, I forgot to pay him for his services. Well this morning he came up and reminded me that I never paid him, so I went to our money spot. I was going to give him two dollars, but instead I asked him how much he thought he should get paid. He said $3.58, so he could buy himself some coffee (we go to starbucks all the time, he doesn't actually get coffee, he gets the cream based frappucinos). So I gave him the $3.58. How much would you give your five year old for cleaning the bathroom?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• aww that is so cute . probably enough for him to get soemthing he wanted . my son would do things to help and i would give him 5 dollars a week and he would save it up and then have me go to toysrus with his 20 or so and get a new toy evvery month . again that is just cute :)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Enough for what he wants within reasonable price.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• well i would pay him the money that he wanted to get what he wanted like the $3.58 that you decribed. I wouldnt give him more then about that though just for doing one thing, if he did multiple things then i would say if he did the mopping he would get his second thing (not all in one day) for $4.00(or whatever the price), and if he also cleaned the glass around the house, he would pick an item out for $2 that he wanted.

pretty much a random price item but with a chore on the to do list.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• THat's so cute and shows real responsibliity. I would pay him double and have him save the second half. Encourage him to start saving now.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm nothing but if he had a particular request then Id help him out.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Notta. A child should not be paid for chores.
    Anonymous

• I'd only pay for a chore that was not a usual one[clean the garage,etc]
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2009