Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax prep. Question?

Does anyone know about Federal's H&R Block's Site? I have A Question if it helps if We include DH's out of pocket contribution to his 401K (though most is Lost!), His Required Union Dues, Mandatory Clothes, Safety boots,Welding Gloves, Sleeves Etc...This comes to Aprox. $3800.+ can we put that down on top of the Basic Standard Deduction? Any Refund would help since we're both Unemployed! He made around $29,000 Gross.

Answer Question

Asked by Angellinda at 12:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 21 (11,804 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • I acually work at H&R Block and am at work right now. All of those things can be deducted under job expenses on the schedule A, you can also use medical expenses (mileage, copays, medicines). The 401K would be done as a loss, under capitol gains and losses on the schedule A also. The unemploymen is taxable so make sure you report it with everything else(if you recieved it in 2008). Home improvements are also deductable. Filing jointly and adding dependents gets you greater credits also. Go to and print a coupon. Estimating your tax fees would be around $260 give or take. You can also use the tax calculators before you file. Hope I was of help. Good Luck

    Answer by Zarviemom19 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.