• In the Spotlight:

Favorite Cookware?

I want to invest in a good set of pots and pans. What are some of your favorite and not-so-expensive brands? I want to buy at least one or two pieces.

ivansmom07

Asked by ivansmom07 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Hands down, Cusinart cookware. The stuff is indestructible, heats evenly, cleans (reasonably) easily and it just rocks. Now, cheap it ain't, but you can find it for less than "sticker" on Overstock.com and at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
    My dream cookware? Le Crueset. But it's just SO expensive.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I have a set of Revere Wear that I have had for years. I love it. The only bad thing about it is you can't put it in the dishwasher on account of the copper in the bottoms. It conducts heat really well, though, and is worth the effort of having to hand wash. Also, I have black iron skillets in about 4 different sizes. Love them for lots of different things.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Farberware. I also LOVE the pots and pans from Pampered Chef. I am working my way to getting a set of Paula Deens pans or Rachael Ray. I refuse to buy cheap pots and pans, I did that last year and the nonstick coating came off.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Calphalon. Non-stick, can be heated empty without destroying non-stick coating, doesn't leech toxic chemicals into food.

Tres awesome. My mom has invested a lot into their stuff, and I will when I need to replace my stuff too.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 8:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Stay away from Teflon! It releases horrible chemicals in your food. We have Simplicity Gourmet. They are pricey but they have a whistle to tell you when veggies get to the optimal temp to not lose nutrients, they are 7 layer so they cook very fast, you are supposed to cook everything on low-med heat (saves energy!), you can cook anything with fat without oil (less fat), you can even bake a cake on the stove (saves energy again although I haven't perfected that! lol). they also have a 2-lifetime warranty. So you can pass them onto your kids and they will still be under warranty.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2009